.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Auto Ramblings

The

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Bold Moves - Ford's Legacy on Video

by Lloyd Frazier

If you have been an avid reader of this blog, you will come to realize that we as Americans have a responsibility to take an active part in our economy. One of those responsibilities is to make a concerted effort to buy American products that suit your needs and desires. Don't buy on price alone. I know what you are thinking. I have thought the same thing before. You are thinking, "But Lloyd, if the American companies put out a good product at an affordable price and the quality is excellent, then of course I would buy them." Exactly! I am specifically talking about automobiles in this blog, but my philosophy extends to all consumer goods.

When it comes to cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, etc., when was the last time you seriously took a look at GM, Ford or Chrysler? The quality is there right under our noses. And as far as gas mileage is concerned, make sure to take a closer look. Most are only 2 or 3 mpg different than the Asian market. Most MPG ratings are relative to the testing environment in which they were measured anyway.

Getting back to the story at hand...I ran across an amazing, informative website that Ford put together about their ups and downs. Stop! I know what you are thinking! How can a corporate website be informative or honest and candid? You will be surprised.

Take a look at episode 1...CLICK HERE

I am not an economist. I am not an expert in any automotive field. I do software application implementations in my full-time career. I am not paid for what I write in my blog. I would eventually like to drum up a little monetary compensation from this blog in the near future but that is a subject for another post ;-). I do this because I feel passionate about keeping the American automobile heritage alive and well in the good 'ol USA!

Get off the couch and quit reading, listening, and viewing all the foreign auto propaganda. Go out, breath some fresh air and test drive a Ford, a Chevy, a Dodge, or any of the other American brands that brings a sense of nostalgia to you from your past childhood experiences. There is a new American Revolution happening right under your noses. Go out and be a part of it!

Lloyd, signing out....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home